EVALUATION OF THE NASTRAN GENERAL PURPOSE COMPUTER PROGRAM
An evaluation of the NASTRAN general purpose computer program was made. The report discusses the current status (usage, documentation, contents) of public domain (COSMIC) versions of NASTRAN. The program architecture is evaluated and compared to other general purpose programs. The functional description of the program is discussed with respect to its capabilities and limitations. Advanced evaluation exercises are reported which given the results of a number of problems used to test various structural elements and solution techniques.
Swanson Service CorporationP.O. Box 5415
Huntington Beach, CA United States 92646
Office of Naval ResearchDepartment of the Navy, 800 North Quincy Street
Arlington, VA United States 22217
- Jones, J
- Fong, H H
- Blehm, D A
- Publication Date: 1980-8
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 135 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Finite element method; Linear programming; Structural analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Computer programs (Structural analysis)
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00323495
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-79-C-0576
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 18 1981 12:00AM