REGIONAL DEER-VEHICLE ACCIDENT RESEARCH
The purpose of this study was to evaluate and test the effectiveness of methods, devices, or structures related to reducing the number of deer-vehicle accidents. Consistent with this purpose was the need to locate and examine potentially critical deer-vehicle accident areas and recommend methods or structures which could have reduced these accidents. In addition, the effects of the methods recommended and investigation of deer responses to various experimental structures was conducted.
Colorado Division of Wildlife526 Pine Street
Glenwood Springs, CO USA 81601
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Reed, D
- Woodard, T N
- Beck, TDI
- Publication Date: 1979-11
- Pagination: 61 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash investigation; Deer; Prevention; Safety; Safety equipment; Traffic crashes
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; I81: Accident Statistics;
- Accession Number: 00323385
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-CO-79-11 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: 3(3)
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 12 1981 12:00AM