A wide-ranging review which discusses developments in dredging technology and their application in the field. It covers a history of dredging; dredging and siltation--cause and effect; the behaviour of the dredged area of Walney Channel; the investigation of spoil movement in the Firth of Forth using radioactive tracers; the use of tracers to determine infill rates in projected dredged channels; the development of The River Tees--deepening, widening, and extension of the navigable channel; recent research developments in hydraulic dredging; reclamation dredging and instrumentation; towards automation in inshore hydrographic surveying.
Thomas Telford LimitedLondon, United Kingdom
- Publication Date: 1968
- Pagination: 124 p.
- TRT Terms: Automation; Channels (Waterways); Dredging; Hydrographic surveying; Maintenance; Radioactive materials; Radioisotopes; Silting; Tracers (Chemistry)
- Old TRIS Terms: Channel maintenance; Hydrographic surveys; Radioactive tracers
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00323310
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM