In this book leading authorities throughout the world present information for the benefit of all those concerned with design, construction, operation and maintenance of concrete ships and other large floating concrete structures. It covers development of the concrete hull; prestressed concrete platforms for process plants; classification of concrete ships; operational experience with prestressed concrete barges; LNG concrete ship economics; financing concrete vessels; current trends in design and construction; the role of the marine surveyor, structural appraisal; quality control and maintenance; practical design and construction; the market for concrete gas carriers; Genora's floating prestressed concrete dock design and construction.
Thomas Telford LimitedLondon, United Kingdom
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 208 p.
- TRT Terms: Barges; Concrete; Concrete structures; Financing; Floating structures; Liquefied gases; Offshore platforms; Offshore structures; Prestressed concrete; Reinforced concrete; Ship operations; Ships; Tankers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Classification societies; Concrete ships
- Old TRIS Terms: Concrete barges; Floating concrete structures; Ship financing
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Materials; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00323309
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM