MINERALS TRANSPORTATION: VOLUME 3
Topics explored in detail include: OPEC and ocean transportation; Unusual problems of handling and transporting specific commodities such as china clay and spodumene; Improvements in bulk terminal sulphur handling; Relative costs of alternative modes of ocean transport of coal; The 62-mile Sahara phosphate conveyor system and the disposal of oil sands tailings at the McMurray formation in Alberta.
- Proceedings of the 3rd International Symposium on Transport and Handling of Minerals, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Pergamon Press, IncorporatedMaxwell House, Fairview Park
Elmsford, NY USA 10523
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 360 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo; Bulk cargo handling; Bulk cargo terminals; Coal; Conveyors; Dry bulk cargo; Economic analysis; Economics; Exports; Imports; Marine terminals; Minerals; Phosphates; Sulfur
- Identifier Terms: Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk coal; Bulk phosphates; Bulk sulphur; Minerals exports; Minerals imports; Opec
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00323239
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM