REVIEW OF MAIN LINE ELECTRIFICATION: INTERIM REPORT
This is the broad financial appraisal of British Rail's operations and profitability over the next 25 years as well as the implications of continuing electrification. Five options of increased coverage of the catenary are considered, bringing in the main factors bearing on costs. The BR/Department of Transport Steering Group has concluded that the results of this financial study are favorable and a more detailed analysis is under way. A mathematical model is used to compare costs of each option, varying the mixes of diesel and electric traction possible and necessary with each.
British Railways BoardDepartment of Transport
London NW1 6JW, England
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Financial analysis; Management; Mathematical models; Planning; Policy; Railroad electrification
- Identifier Terms: British Rail
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies; Management policies
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00323186
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 30 1980 12:00AM