SAFETY ASSESSMENT OF DENVER TYPE I AND STANDARD TYPE II BARRICADES VIA FULL SCALE TESTS
Denver Type I Barricades and Standard Type II Barricades were subjected to impacts with subcompact vehicles at 97 km/h (60 mph) to acquire comparative vehicle damage and safety data. The damage from all impacts was minor. No serious safety hazard resulting from the impacts is apparent. The Denver Type I Barricade represents no significantly different threat to vehicles than does the Standard Type II Barricades.
Mobility Systems and Equipment Company6151 West Century Boulevard, Suite 912
Los Angeles, CA United States 90045
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Carlson, L E
- Publication Date: 1979-6
- Pagination: 87 p.
- TRT Terms: Barricades; Compact automobiles; Crash tests; Hazards; Loss and damage; Traffic safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Small car
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Safety and Human Factors; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning; I85: Safety Devices used in Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00323173
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-79-129 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-9564
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 12 1981 12:00AM