SAND-CEMENT FOR EVER? RISK TAKING
ZANDCEMENT VOOR EEUWIG?
This paper was presented at the study session "cement and concrete in road- and railroad construction", held in delft, may 1979. In order to predict the performance and durability of a cement stabilized roadbase several experimental sections of road were constructed and laboratory tests were carried out to determine fatigue properties. Several kinds of apparatus for testing of sand-cement are described and the influence of the factors: (1) type of sand, (2) cement percentage and (3) moisture content are discussed. It is assumed that the structural advantages of cement stabilized sand can be permanently relied upon if the pavement is designed in such a way as to preclude the occurence of strains exceeding one third of the strain at failure. Application of sand-cement in the design of roads is discussed. (TRRL)
- Study Session "Cement and Concrete in Road and Railroad Construction".
Delft University of TechnologyStevinweg 1
Delft, Netherlands 2600 GA
- Kop, A R
- Quimby, A R
- Publication Date: 1979-8
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Base course (Pavements); Behavior; Cement; Cement treated soils; Conferences; Deformation; Durability; Experimental roads; Failure; Fatigue (Mechanics); Modular structures; Moisture content; Pavement design; Pavement performance; Pavements; Properties of materials; Rutting; Sand; Soil cement; Soil stabilization; Stabilized materials; Tests; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Tracking (Wheel)
- ITRD Terms: 9001: Behaviour; 4758: Cement; 8525: Conference; 5595: Deformation; 5910: Durability; 2778: Experimental road; 5579: Fatigue (mater); 5920: Moisture content; 3055: Pavement design; 5925: Properties; 3688: Roadbase stabilization; 3081: Rutting (wheel); 6255: Test; 5558: Vibration
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Pavements; I22: Design of Pavements, Railways and Guideways; I33: Other Materials used in Pavement Layers;
- Accession Number: 00323110
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1981 12:00AM