Asphalt Mix Composition Influence on Layer Performance: The Test Road Experience
Sufficient pavement structural strength and adequately stiff and elastic asphalt layers assure asphalt pavement performance. Evaluation of asphalt mix stiffness, flow, and fatigue in the lab does not always reflect asphalt pavement performance in the field. The main reason is the problem of modeling real loading and weather conditions. The Test Road is constructed as a real road and started operation in September 2007. The road leads to a quarry; loaded and unloaded traffic are on separate traffic lanes. The Test Road consists of 27 different test sections; ten of them have various asphalt mixture types and composition. The total number of ESAL’s₁₀₀ in 2014 reached 560,000—the road pavement structure is designed to carry 800,000 to 3,000,000 ESAL’s₁₀₀. Results represent performance of different asphalt wearing and binder layers after seven years of use under the same exploitation conditions.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: https://www.piarc.org/en/order-library/25346-en-Proceedings%20of%20the%20XXVth%20World%20Road%20Congress%20-%20Seoul.htm
- Abstract reprinted with permission of the World Road Association – PIARC.
World Road Association (PIARC)La Grande Arche, Paroi Nord, Niveau 5
F-92055 La Defense Cedex, France
- Vaitkus, A.
- Čygas, D
- Laurinavicius, A.
- Žiliūtė, L
- Šernas, O
- Židanavičiūtė, J
- 25th World Road Congress
- Location: Seoul , Korea, South
- Date: 2015-11-3 to 2015-11-7
- Publication Date: 2015
- Media Type: Web
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 14p
- Monograph Title: Proceedings of the 25th World Road Congress - Seoul 2015: Roads and Mobility - Creating New Value from Transport
- TRT Terms: Asphalt mixtures; Asphalt pavements; Binder content; Condition surveys; Field tests; Mix design; Pavement distress; Pavement performance; Ruts (Pavements); Stone matrix asphalt
- Geographic Terms: Lithuania
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Materials; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 01687798
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 9782840604235
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 4 2018 2:03PM