HEAVY WEATHER MONITORING AND GUIDANCE SYSTEM ON THE S.S. LASH ITALIA (SECOND PHASE OF TEST AND EVALUATION)
The major emphasis of this program is the test and evaluation of the Heavy Weather Damage Avoidance System (HWDAS) installed on the barge-carrying vessel LASH ITALIA. Phase II is primarily aimed at detailed analysis of software long term system performance evaluation, design review and initial interaction with the user on-board. The results of Phase II test and evaluation are presented in this report along with recommendations for future work.
National Maritime Research Center, Kings PointUnited States Merchant Marine Academy
Kings Point, NY USA 11024
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Hoffman, D
- Garzke Jr, W H
- Publication Date: 1980-7
- Pagination: 60 p.
- TRT Terms: Barge carriers; Bending moments; Computers; Hulls; Instrumentation; Maneuvering; Monitoring
- Old TRIS Terms: Computer aided monitoring; Heavy weather damage prevention; Hull bending moments; Hull instrumentation; Ss lash italia
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00322753
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: NMRC-197 Tech Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 29 1980 12:00AM