A FISCAL AND INSTITUTIONAL ANALYSIS OF MASS TRANSIT IN SELECTED URBAN AREAS. LOUISIANA MASS TRANSIT STUDY SELECTED URBAN AREAS. LOUISIANA MASS TRANSIT STUDY
This report covers the financial and institutional aspects of the Louisiana transit systems--budgeting procedures, accounting practices, cost control programs, organizational structure, NOPSI's (New Orleans Public Service Incorporated) particular relationship with the City of New Orleans, and legal constraints. Following a brief overview of the status quo, the report evaluates strong points and problems areas, projects future trends to identify budding problems, and makes recommendations for resolving the solvable and minimizing the effect of situations beyond the scope of the State of Louisiana and the participating transit systems.
Daniel, Mann, Johnson & Mendenhall,
- Publication Date: 1979-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 142 p.
- TRT Terms: Accounting; Administration; Budgeting; Costs; Institutional issues; Legal factors; Public transit; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Highways; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00322751
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Apr 15 1981 12:00AM