EXECUTIVE SUMMARY OF COMPREHENSIVE UPSTATE NEW YORK PORTS STUDY
This executive summary is divided into four parts. Part I describes the total upstate market for waterborne transportation services. Within this total market, that segment which can be handled by the five upstate ports at least-cost is also described. Part II covers the development plans for the five ports. Port specializations, facility and port plans, economic and financial feasibility, as well as the regional economic benefits are also determined for each port. Part III is concerned with management, financial, and marketing issues related to the development of the upstate ports. Part IV provides specific recommendations for the future organizational framework for upstate port development. (Authors)
- Prepared by Frederic R. Harris, Incorporated.
Albany, NY USA 12232
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 51 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic benefits; Economic development; Feasibility analysis; Management; Marketing; Markets; Ports; Water transportation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Highways; Marine Transportation; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00322673
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Mar 12 1981 12:00AM