INFORMATION ON U.S. RAILWAY ASSOCIATION CONTRACTS WITH LAW FIRMS
GAO evaluated the U.S. Railway Association's procedures for contracting with law firms and assuring that charges made are accurate. This report provides the requested information and also shows that the Association is not requiring all law firms to follow its procedures for monitoring contractor expenditures and performance. GAO is making a recommendation to correct the weaknesses noted. This report was requested by the Chairman, Subcommittee on Transportation and Commerce, House Committee on Interstate and Foreign Commerce.
- Record URL:
U.S. General Accounting Office441 G Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20548
- Publication Date: 1979-4-19
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Auditing; Contractors; Legal factors; Management; Policy
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies; United states railway association
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Law; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00322649
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CED-79-78
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 11 1980 12:00AM