This report presents the findings of Turbidity Study on nine culvert areas before, during and after construction. Also, the post-construction finding of seven other waterways. While some contamination is inevitable during construction it can be kept to a minimum by proper construction practices. As soon as the slopes are seeded and mulched the soil erosion is quickly reduced. By the time the grass has become firmly established on the slopes the turbidity is practically uneffected by the roadway.
Bangor, ME USA 04402
- Day, P B
- Boucher, R J
- Publication Date: 1980-6
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Before and after studies; Construction; Culverts; Erosion control; Grasses; Slopes; Turbidity
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Design; Environment; Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology;
- Accession Number: 00322270
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech Paper Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1981 12:00AM