ELDERLY AND HANDICAPPED TRANSPORTATION STUDY
The objective of this study is to identify the transportation needs of the elderly and handicapped in the McAllen, Pharr, Edinburg Urbanized Area. The study details the findings of a survey questionnaire which was designed to identify transportation provides now available as well as transportation required but unobtainable for elderly and handicapped. Recommendations voiced by the elderly at the White House Conference on Aging Community Forums are also included. The community forums were held in each of the cities in the study. The conclusion of the study deals with operational alternatives to provide for the transportation needs of elderly and handicapped, both ambulatory and non-ambulatory.
Lower Rio Grande Valley Development Council707 Texas Commerce Bank
McAllen, TX USA 78501
- Publication Date: 1980-8
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 50 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Alternatives analysis; Conferences; Data collection; Needs assessment; Physically handicapped persons; Questionnaires; Surveys; Transportation; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: User needs
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00322254
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 19 1981 12:00AM