DUTCHESS COUNTY ENERGY CONTINGENCY PLAN
The purpose of the plan is to provide for the mobilization of mass transit resources in the event of an energy emergency. This paper describes the current energy situation in Dutchess County. It also estimates potential mass transit needs during energy crises where gasoline availability is reduced by 10, 20, or 30 percent as well as data on available transit resources to meet those needs. The transit systems in Dutchess County are: the County's loop bus system, Mountain View Coach Lines, Inc., the Dutchess Assisted Rural Transit System, and the City of Poughkeepsie Bus System. The plan is divided into three contingency strategies: Executive Leadership Actions-encompassing those actions that the County Executive will perform or delegate to be performed; Emergency Service Actions-including specific plans for increasing transit resources; and Suggested Citizen Action--those actions which provide citizens with information and assistance during a crisis. Non-mass transit aspects of the plan include ideas on carpooling, vanpools, altered work hours, bikeway usage, and emergency park and ride lots. The plan is designed to be put into effect within a two to four week period from the declaration of a crisis.
Dutchess County Department of Planning47 Cannon Street
Poughkeepsie, NY USA 12601
- Publication Date: 1980-3
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Bikeways; Bus transportation; Carpools; Contingency planning; Emergencies; Energy resources; Fringe parking; Natural resources; Needs assessment; Public participation; Public transit; Rural areas; Staggered work hours; Transportation; Transportation planning; Urban transportation; Vanpools
- Uncontrolled Terms: Energy crisis; Transportation systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Contingency; Strategy
- Subject Areas: Energy; Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General); Vehicles and Equipment; I96: Vehicle Operating Costs;
- Accession Number: 00322253
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 19 1981 12:00AM