MISSOURI PACIFIC RAILROAD ENHANCED CAR DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM -FEASIBILITY STUDY
This study examined the existing MoPac Car Distribution system and the DSAI Car Distribution Model produced by Decision Systems Associates, Inc. The study determined in general terms the software, procedures, and reports required to support an enhanced system, and estimated MoPac manpower and computer costs required to develop and implement such a system. Gondolas were suggested for a pilot project which would be a modification of the existing distribution practice supplemented by the DSAI model.
- Phase II, Task 5; Railroad Freight Car Distribution.
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Publication Date: 1979-9-7
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 79 p.
- TRT Terms: Car distribution (Railroads); Car supply (Railroads); Car utilization (Railroads); Gondola cars; Information processing; Management information systems; Mathematical models; Traffic managers
- Identifier Terms: Missouri Pacific Railroad
- Uncontrolled Terms: Shippers
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00322183
- Record Type: Publication
- Contract Numbers: FC-141-79-1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 18 1981 12:00AM