COMMERCIAL MARITIME INFORMATION: A CRITICAL APPRAISAL
The proposed project initially had the following objectives: to study currently produced maritime statistical data; to analyze the purposes for which statistics are produced, the users of statistics and the cost of the current statistics production system; to meet with users of maritime statistics to determine what needs are and are not being filled; to meet with the agencies generating maritime statistics and the entities reporting to these agencies to determine what improvements in the system can be made; and to recommend a consistent government-wide program of maritime data acquistition, processing, and dissemination that will operate with maximum efficiency to achieve full utilization of the statistical data that are produced. This report is intended to fulfill these initial objectives.
Maritime Transportation Research BoardNational Academy of Sciences, 2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20418
- Publication Date: 1981
- Pagination: 128 p.
- TRT Terms: Mathematical models; Transportation; Water
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation models and systems
- Subject Areas: Materials; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00321350
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Systems Center
- Files: TSR
- Created Date: Oct 30 1982 12:00AM