RECORD OF PROCEEDINGS OF THE CONFERENCE ON NATIONAL STRATEGIC MOBILITY
The Conference was designed for senior industry representatives and government officials to exchange views on current problems and the requirements for an effective strategic mobility program. It provided a classified forum for top level discussion on the viability of current defense transportation planning and capabilities with those leaders in the commercial industry who share in the responsibility for strategic mobility. The specific Conference objectives were to: a. Fully inform the industry, labor and other officials on Defense requirements that will be placed upon them in the event of a national crisis. b. Generate a reasoned response from industry regarding the viability of current defense planning and obtain suggestions on ways to cure possible shortfalls and improve response times. c. Develop mutual understandings and consensus on how to better manage individual responsibilities and promote better cooperation for a revived "defense-industry partnership" in meeting nationa requirements for strategic mobility.
- Proceedings of a conference held in Washington, D.C., 28-29 May 1980.
National Defense Transportation Association910 17th Street, N.W.
Washington, DC United States 20006
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 71 p.
- TRT Terms: Deployment; Highway traffic control; Military sealift; Military shipments; Military transportation; Ships; Transportation planning
- Old TRIS Terms: Defense shipping; Mobilization ships
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00319906
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 19 1980 12:00AM