DRIVER AND PASSENGER AIR BAG UNIT ASSEMBLIES
The air bag restraint system or automatic restraint system is specifically designed to control forces and deceleration to the human body during an automobile accident. The three basic components comprising the air bag restraint system include; 1) the crash sensor(s), the diagnostic package for determining operability status, and the driver and front passenger air bag assemblies. The information presented is limited to a description and the operational features of the driver and passenger unit assemblies; parts which are located in the steering wheel and instrument panel respectively. Both assemblies consist of three basic components: 1) the inflater, 2) the module, and 3) the air bag.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- ROMEO, D J
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Air bags; Assemblies (Equipment); Components; Crash sensors
- Old TRIS Terms: Assemblies; Inflatable devices
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00319764
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800293
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 30 1980 12:00AM