DEVELOPMENT OF AN EXTERIOR SOUND LEVEL MEASUREMENT PROCEDURE FOR LIGHT MOTOR VEHICLES--SAE J986
This paper presents the history of the development of SAE Standard J986, "Sound Level for Passenger Cars and Light Trucks," and its subsequent revisions. The major issues considered and the rationale for the compromises and decisions made in this development process are discussed. This standard has been a major factor in the measurement, and regulation, of light motor vehicle sound emissions since its first approval in 1967.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Hillquist, R K
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; History; Light trucks; Measurement; Sound level; Standards
- Old TRIS Terms: Exteriors
- Subject Areas: Highways; History; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00319761
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800440
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 30 1980 12:00AM