DEVELOPMENT OF A TRUCK WHEEL FORCE TRANSDUCER
A wheel force transducer has been developed for measurement of 3-axis wheel loads on large trucks under dynamic test conditions. Alternate truck tire sizes can be used in either single or dual wheel configurations, and the sensor can be mounted in driven, non-driven, or front (steering) wheel locations. Preliminary calibration data and functional test results are presented for the developmental unit.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Lysdale, C A
- Hegmon, R R
- Publication Date: 1980-2-29
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Calibration; Dynamic tests; Measuring instruments; Sensors; Transducers; Trucks; Wheel loads
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Vehicles and Equipment; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00319759
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800247
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 30 1980 12:00AM