A STUDY ON DRUM BRAKE NOISE BY HOLOGRAPHIC VIBRATION ANALYSIS
Holographic analysis of vibrations on squealing drum brake systems is a useful method to localize vibration sources on drum brake components. This report describes experiments and illustrates how results in preventing brake squeal can be obtained, and used as a logical basis for the efficiency of this method. Improved constructions without any tendency to squeal are demonstrated.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- FELSKE, A
- Hoppe, G
- Matthai, H
- Publication Date: 1980-2-29
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Holography; Noise control; Testing equipment; Vibration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Drum brakes
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00319737
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800221
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1980 12:00AM