QUANTITATIVE LIFE CYCLE DESCRIPTION OF AIR BAG RESTRAINT SYSTEM (ABRS) EQUIPPED VEHICLES
This paper quantitatively describes the life cycle of ABRS-equipped vehicles using stochastic modeling. The vehicle migration model integrates production forecasts, probabilities of survivorship and probabilities of such events as collisions, ABRS deployment and fires to provide estimates of: Annual vehicle production and the total population of vehicles "in use", Number and percent of vehicles produced with ABRS and the percent of vehicles "in use" equipped with ABRS; Number of vehicles that are voluntarily and involuntarily retired to each of four end states: abandonment, active parts salvaging, passive parts salvaging, and metal reclamation; Number of ABRS deployments; Number of ABRS replacements.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Arvai, E S
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Air bags; Crash rates; Life cycle analysis; Mathematical models; Stochastic processes; Survival
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00319732
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800299
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1980 12:00AM