A NEW APPROACH TO LOAD REGULATION OF TIRE ENDURANCE TESTING MACHINES
Analysis of tire behaviour during endurance tests led to the development of a unique automatic loading system for tire endurance testing machines. Compared to commercial systems, the described system is lower in cost consumes considerably less power, and performs at a higher level of efficiency and reliability. Because of its straight forward design and ruggedness, down-time as experienced with sophisticated hydraulic systems is practically non-existent. Additional electronic circuits provide means to detect abnormal test conditions.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Stiebel, A
- Bine, K L
- Lyngsaard, J
- Publication Date: 1980-2-29
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Costs; Economic efficiency; Loads; Testing equipment; Tires
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency; Loading
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I95: Vehicle Inspection;
- Accession Number: 00319727
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800250
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1980 12:00AM