MVMA-2D AIR BAG/STEERING ASSEMBLY SIMULATION MODEL
This paper describes further development of the MVMA-2D model including program modifications of the air bag and the energy absorbing steering assembly submodels. The integrated model has been successfully utilized in simulating dynamic responses, in frontal impact situations, of a dummy restrained by a driver air bag restraint system mounted on a collapsible steering column. Validations of the model were made by comparing simulation results with experimental test data. Applications of the model to air bag restraint system performance evaluations and parametric studies for aiding restraint system designs are demonstrated. Guidelines and limitations of the model are also discussed.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Chou, C C
- Lev, A
- Lenardon, D M
- Publication Date: 1980-2
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Air bags; Crash tests; Dummies; Energy absorbing materials; Simulation; Steering; Validation
- Old TRIS Terms: Energy absorbers
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00319726
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800298
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1980 12:00AM