MAXIMUM AND PROBABLE FUEL ECONOMY OF AUTOMOBILES
Claims by the inventors of carburetors, and other devices, that their designs produce very large and dramatic increases in the miles per gallon (MPG) attained by passenger cars are refuted. The maximum steady state values possible as limited by the Laws of Thermo-dynamics are calculated.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Narshall, H P
- Publication Date: 1980-2-29
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Fuel consumption; Maximization; Optimization; Thermodynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Maxima
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I96: Vehicle Operating Costs;
- Accession Number: 00319723
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800213
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1980 12:00AM