THE GOOD (?) OLD DAYS
Eighteen vehicles ranging from a 1938 Dodge to a 1965 Mustang were tested to determine their fuel economy and exhaust emissions relative to today's vehicles and today's driving conditions. The 1979 models are getting about 10% better fuel economy over the urban cycle and 20% better over the highway cycle than the older vehicles. The reasons for these differences as well as the exhaust emissions from the older vehicles are also discussed.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Gullon, A C
- Polak, J C
- Dubuc, S M
- Publication Date: 1980-2-29
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Automobiles; Exhaust gases; Fuel consumption; Motor vehicles; Service life
- Uncontrolled Terms: Vehicle age
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I96: Vehicle Operating Costs;
- Accession Number: 00319716
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 800216
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 27 1980 12:00AM