CONTROL OF DUST DURING COAL TRANSPORTATION
Spraying of coal in an open top hopper car with an aqueous composition containing at least about 2.5% of a binder material consisting of solid material in an aqueous suspension of an asphalt emulsion or a black liquor lignin product and containing 0.1 to 2.0% of water soluble ethoxylated alkyl phenol or sulfo succinate wetting agent results in the formation of a crust layer which provides protection against loss of coal due to wind action during rapid movement of the car.
Cominco, Limited200 Granville Square
- Doeksen, G
- Publication Date: 1979-9-25
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Bills of lading; Coal; Coal industry; Dust; Environmental impacts; Freight traffic; Loss and damage; Loss and damage claims; Open top cars; Patents; Wind
- Old TRIS Terms: Lading loss
- Subject Areas: Environment; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00319704
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent 4, 169,170 Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 19 1981 12:00AM