THE REAL STORY ON RAIL RELOCATION
This booklet is intended to help local elected officials better understand urban rail conflicts from a railroad viewpoint and improve the chances for successfully accomplishing a relocation project. It is also intended to aid railroad executives become familiar with some of the tools and techniques that are available to resolve such dilemmas and also unlock the development potential of their property. Ten years of experience and research have produced realistic options capable of being implemented with a minimum of disruption. Several case studies are presented along with a general discussion.
United States Conference of MayorsRailroad Land Revitalization Program, 1620 Eye Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20006
- Publication Date: 1979-5
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Government funding; Land use; Local government; Property values; Railroad facilities; Railroad grade crossings; Relocation (Facilities); Urban areas; Urban development
- Uncontrolled Terms: Air rights; Justification
- Old TRIS Terms: Grade crossing elimination; Urban railroad relocation
- Subject Areas: Environment; Finance; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00319686
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 29 1980 12:00AM