TRANSPORTATION NEEDS, PARTICULARLY WATERWAY DEVELOPMENT, RELATED TO COAL
This paper presents information on the nature and extent of future U.S. transportation needs, particularly for freight transportation, as established by the National Transportation Policy Study Commission and documented in their 1979 Final Report and staff papers. That Commission's forecasts of bottlenecks in the movement of energy products are highlighted. The paper then suggests some policy guidelines for transportation investment and the pricing of public transportation facilities, in light of the infrastructure which will be necessary to serve future demands.
United States SenateCommittee on Environment and Public Works
Washington, DC USA 20510
- Fuller, J W
- Publication Date: 1980-7-28
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Capital investments; Coal; Coal industry; Demand; Energy; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Inland waterways traffic; Petroleum; Transportation; Transportation planning; Transportation policy
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Energy demand; Energy transport
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Energy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00319505
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM