CONTRIBUTION TO THE THERMAL CALCULATION OF SHIP PROPULSION STEAM GENERATORS FOR LNG TANKER SHIPS
Efficiencies of the steam circuit and boiler. The steam propulsion as the LNG boil-off can be completely combusted at sea as well as in a harbor. The fuel consumption of a ship propulsion steam system is directly dependent on the efficiencies of the steam circuit and boiler. The steam generator burns either pure fuel oil or a mixture of fuel oil and boil-off. The influences of the natural gas composition which differs according to the deposit and of the nitrogen content which varies during the ship's voyage, as well as the consequences of the boil-off/heating fuel oil ratio for power, efficiency, flue gas temperature, and superheated steam temperature characteristic of the steam generator are investigated.
Technical University of Hannover, West GermanyWelfengarten 1
3000 Hannover, Germany
- Didiot, J
- Publication Date: 1978-2-9
- Pagination: 106 p.
- TRT Terms: Boil off; Combustion; Liquefied gases; Liquefied natural gas; Propulsion; Ship motion; Steam power plants; Steam turbines
- Old TRIS Terms: Boiloff utilization; Combustion technology; Lng boil off; Steam plant efficiency; Steam turbine propulsion
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00319502
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM