THE POSITIONING OF OFFSHORE CONSTRUCTIONS, RESEARCH AND TRAINING BY SIMULATION
In 1976, two research programs concerning the positioning of offshore gravity platforms were carried out on the ship manoeuvring simulator of the N.S.M.B. for Smit International Marine Services B.V., which specializes in the towage and positioning of offshore constructions like the Ekofisk 1 and Mobil Beryl "A" units. The results and the consequent recommendations have meanwhile been applied by Smit International in the organization and execution of serveral positioning operations. The "tug order display", designed by the Netherlands Ship Model Basin to give the towmaster a view of all standing tug orders has also been used for instance in towing the ANDOC-built Dunlin-platform out of Euro-poort.
- Paper presented at the European Offshore Petroleum Conference and Exhibition, London, 24-27 October 1978.
Netherlands Ship Model BasinHaagsteed 2, P.O. Box 28
- Witt, FGJ
- Meurs, K
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Dynamic positioning; Motion; Offshore platforms; Simulation; Stability (Mechanics); Towing devices; Training simulators
- Old TRIS Terms: Gravity platforms; Offshore platform stability; Platform motions; Simulated towing
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Education and Training; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00319470
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Publ. No. 532a Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM