Optical Properties and Hysteresis of Reference Liquid Material under Different Wavelength, Chemical Concentration and Temperatures Using Refractometer DSR-?
Optical parameters and hysteresis behaviors play important role as useful diagnostic techniques in quality control for automotive liquids such as brake oils, engine oils and fuels. Refractive index and Brix properties at different concentrations (5 ppm up to 200 ppm) of standard reference chemical liquid solution (Fe(NO3)3) Nonahydrate were determined with an accuracy of ±10-5 using digital multi-wavelengths (refractometer DSR-?). Practically, the refractive measurements of the selected standard solution have been investigated as a function of temperature (20 ?C up to 50 ?C) in the spectrum visible range 0.4-0.7 µm. With increasing both wavelengths and temperature the refractive index decreased monotonically. The refractive criteria are also increased with increasing concentration ratio. Moreover, the Brix of the solution have been studied as a function of temperature (20 ?C up to 30 ?C) with wavelengths in the same visible spectrum range. The hysteresis behaviors for the sample under investigation (200 ppm concentration) were plotted due to the variation of temperature through ascending and descending orders. The empirical formula reflected the scientific relationship between the concentration ratio of the solution and the Brix result has been achieved to insure the quality of preparation processes.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01487191
- Abstract reprinted with permission of SAE International.
- Ali, Salah H
- Khodair, Soraya
- Naeim, Ihab H
- Shehata, Adel B
- WCX World Congress Experience
- Location: Detroit Michigan, United States
- Date: 2018-4-10 to 2018-4-12
- Publication Date: 2018-4-3
- Media Type: Web
- Features: References;
- TRT Terms: Chemicals; Hysteresis; Liquids; Optics; Quality control; Refractivity; Temperature; Wavelength
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 01734170
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: SAE International
- Report/Paper Numbers: 2018-01-1220
- Files: TRIS, SAE
- Created Date: Oct 8 2018 1:01PM