VALIDATION AND PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF THE UTCS-1S NETWORK SIMULATION MODEL ON AN URBAN ARTERIAL STREET
The primary objective of the study was to evaluate the ability of the UTCS-1s network simulation model to reproduce actual observed measures of effectiveness (MOE's) on an urban arterial linear signalized system. The simulated and observed MOE's that were compared include volumes of vehicle trips, stops per vehicle, total stop delay, and stop delay per vehicle. A secondary objective was to develop a methodology to determine the optimal signal timings for a linear signal system using the UTCS-1s model. The UTCS-1s model was fund to be inadequate of reproducing observed MOE's on the linear network that was studied. A study was done to determine the ability of the model to estimate changes in MOE's between two signal-timing schemes. It was observed that the model could not provide the expected changes.
Purdue University/Indiana Department of Transportation JHRPPurdue University, School of Civil Engineering
West Lafayette, IN United States 47907-1284
- Hillsor, B A
- Publication Date: 1979-12-17
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 131 p.
- TRT Terms: Arterial highways; Intersections; Linearity; Measurement; Measures of effectiveness; Networks; Roads; Streets; Traffic delays; Traffic signal timing; Traffic simulation; Travel
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness; Road networks; Trip
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; I71: Traffic Theory;
- Accession Number: 00319409
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Project: C-36-66G Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Jan 19 1981 12:00AM