COMPUTER CONTROL AND DATA ACQUISITION OF A TIDAL MODEL
A large tidal model of the St. Lawrence River covering the region from Montreal to Ile du Bic is connected directly to a mini computer for data acquisition and control of the tidal boundary. Concepts for the design and operation of a computer based system for this application are described. Details of an adaptive feedback controller for diurnal tides are given.
- A 16 mm film (NRC-Div. of M.E. No. 33 same title) illustrates the instrumentation and operation of the model described.
National Research Council of CanadaNational Aeronautical Establishment
Ottawa, ONo K1A OR6, Canada
- Funke, E R
- Publication Date: 1972-12
- Features: Appendices; References;
- Pagination: 86 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Information processing; Pollution control; Rivers; Simulation; Tidal currents
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computer aided analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: River models; Simulated tidal flow; Tidal models
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00053711
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Research Council of Canada
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-110 Final Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1974 12:00AM