APPLICATION OF THYRISTORS IN RAILWAY TECHNOLOGY: CONSEQUENCES AND REMEDIES. PROBLEMS OF INTERFERENCE WITH INFORMATION SYSTEM INSTALLATIONS. INVESTIGATIONS INTO THE DISADVANTAGES AS REGARDS THE ELECTROMAGNETIC COMPATIBILITY OF POWER AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS INSTALLATIONS. FINAL REPORT--PART III
This report forms part of a comprehensive investigation into the problem of the "Application of thyristors in railway technology" which involved extensive tests which are described in a total of 26 ORE reports and 11 Technical Documents. This present report deals with the disadvantages as regards the electromagnetic compatibility of power and telecommunications installations due to the application of thyristors on the Railways. The two other parts of the final report deal with a "technical and economic assessment of the possibilities offered to the user by thyristors" (RP 23) and with the "disadvantages as regards power consumption" (RP 24). The fourth part of the final report (RP 26) will make an overall survey of the whole problem.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are containd in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1980-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 125 p.
- TRT Terms: Cab signals; Communication systems; Data communications; Electric locomotives; Electromagnetic interference; Positive train control; Radio; Railroads; Signaling; Telecommunications; Telephone equipment; Thyristors; Track circuits
- Old TRIS Terms: Question a122; Telephone circuits
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053424
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: A 122/RP 25
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 28 1981 12:00AM