A STUDY OF "MODEL" PAD FRICTION MATERIALS. BRAKE PADS FOR DISC BRAKES AND COMPOSITION BRAKE BLOCKS
Summary of results relative to the friction and wear properties of series of simple experimental friction materials. The tests were carried out on a fifth-scale laboratory machine and, for selected compositions, on a full-scale brake dynamometer.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material. This document has been compiled within the scope of work of the B 126 Specialists Committee by the Research and Development Division of the BR Technical Centre, Derby.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1980-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Brake shoes; Brakes; Composite materials; Durability tests; Dynamometers; Friction brakes; Wear
- Identifier Terms: British Rail
- Old TRIS Terms: Braking systems; Friction braking; Question dt105(B126)
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053422
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DT 105 B 126
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 28 1981 12:00AM