A PRACTICAL APPROACH TO FLUID POWER MANAGEMENT DESIGN FOR MARINE VESSELS
The manual provides an introduction to hydraulic power systems, listing the advantages and disadvantages. It then covers the various types of pumps for hydraulic power generation, with the advantages and disadvantages of each type. It next covers power control systems and valves, hydraulic motors, filters, reservoirs and finally the factors to consider when selecting the proper type of hydraulic oil for the systems. The summary provides a brief review and at the same time can be used as a check list of where to look for problems involving contamination, cavitation and heat in both old and new systems.
- Paper presented on 17 January 1980 to the Gulf Section, SNAME.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Schweitzer, J J
- Booth, R H
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric power generation; Electrohydraulic mechanisms; Hydraulic equipment; Hydraulic fluids; Hydraulic transmissions; Pumps
- Old TRIS Terms: Electrohydraulic systems; Hydraulic systems
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00319101
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM