A CASE FOR A U.S. FLAG TRAILERSHIP FLEET
This paper presents a summary of the findings and conclusions of three recent assignments conducted by Booz, Allen and Hamilton for MarAd, the Tampa Port Authority and a U.S. Flag Operator. Gibbs and Cox was subcontractor to Booz, Allen on the engagement with the Maritime Administration. The paper is organized into the following sections: (1) The loss of traditional Latin American business to specialized foreign flag trailership operators; (2) The potential for a U.S. flag short-sea service to Latin American; (3) Analysis of alternative vessel types and, (4) Financial feasibility.
- Paper presented on 25 July 1979 to the Gulf Section, SNAME.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Donovan, L
- SCOTT, R J
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Commodities; Economic analysis; Economics; Exports; Fleet management; Market assessment; Roll on roll off shipping; Roll on roll off ships; Shipping; Statistics; Trade
- Old TRIS Terms: Commodity statistics; Economic analysis (Ro/ro); Fleet statistics; Ro/ro traffic; Ship descriptions (Ro/ro); Shipping economics; Trade statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Marine Transportation; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00319097
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM