OPTIMUM ADAPTATION OF THE CONVENTIONAL TRACK TO FUTURE TRAFFIC. THE INFLUENCE OF FROST ON THE FOUNDATION OF RAILWAYS: DESIGN OF PROTECTIVE MEASURES
This report describes the criteria for evaluating the susceptibility of various soils with respect to phenomena due to frost and, using theoretical and experimental studies as a basis, it specifies the protective measures to be taken mainly as regards sub-structure depths.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1980-9
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 58 p.
- TRT Terms: Cold weather; Frost heaving; Properties of materials; Railroad tracks; Soil mechanics; Soil stabilization; Soil tests; Soils; Subgrade (Pavements)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Soil properties; Subgrade stability
- Old TRIS Terms: Question d117
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Materials; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053418
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: D 117/RP 15
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 28 1981 12:00AM