BIBLIOGRAPHY ON NORTHERN SEA ICE AND RELATED SUBJECTS
The intention in compiling this second edition has been to confine the material to subjects which have a bearing either directly or indirectly on the problem that sea ice presents to vessels. While geographically the emphasis is Canadian, works which describe the experience of other countries in northern sea ice operations, science, and technology have been included. In compiling the second edition over 700 new entries have been added and a sincere effort has been made to correct the inaccuracies, inconsistencies, and errors which were reported in the first edition. The bibliography now contains references to materials published up to 1974. A new feature of this edition is the inclusion of a geographical index.
- Canadian special publication of fisheries and aquatic sciences.
Department of Fisheries and the EnvironmentFisheries and Marine Service, 116 Lisgar
Ottawa, ONo K1A OH3, Canada
Department of Transport, CanadaCanadian Coast Guard
Ottawa, ONo K1A 0N5, Canada
- Bradford, J D
- Moline, M
- Publication Date: 1980
- Pagination: 585 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Cold weather; Ice; Ice navigation; Icebreaking; Physical properties; Sea ice
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions; Canada
- Old TRIS Terms: Arctic transportation; Ice operations
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00319022
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Arctic Science and Technology Information System
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM