A MERCHANT'S GUIDE TO LIABILITIES AND DOCUMENTARY PROBLEMS
This is a "simple handbook of advice to Shippers and Consignees" which begins with items on letters of credit, waybills and Overseas Containers Limited export and import documentation. The next section deals with merchant's indemnities to carriers under bills of lading and the importance of seals. There are notes on road haulage conditions, the standard of packaging and marking for Less than Container Load (LCL) cargo. Claims procedures are dealt with in Section 9 and the last four topics include "General Average" international conventions relevant to combined transport, supplementary trading conditions and the insurance and claims department. The appendices relate to uniform customs and practice for documentary credits and OCL supplementary trading conditions; finally there is a glossary of useful terms and abbreviations.
Overseas Containers LimitedBeagle House, Braham Street
London E1 5EP, England
- Publication Date: 1979-9
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Bills of lading; Cargo handling; Cargo insurance; Containers; Freight documents; Liability; Marking materials; Packaging; Standardization
- Old TRIS Terms: Container marking
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Law; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00319009
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Cargo Handling Coordination Assn
- Report/Paper Numbers: 2nd ed.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 8 1980 12:00AM