ELASTIC SYSTEMS FOR TRACTION AND SHOCK GEAR (SIDE BUFFERS AND CENTRE BUFFERS). THEORETICAL CALCULATIONS OF LONGITUDINAL FORCES IN TRAINS
This report contains the description of a computer program for simulating the movement of trains of arbitrary composition and permitting the longitudinal forces in trains to be determined. The mathematical model and the structure of the program are described.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1980-4
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 80 p.
- TRT Terms: Braking performance; Coefficient of friction; Computer programs; Cushioning materials; Force; Mathematical models; Train makeup; Train operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Longitudinal forces
- Old TRIS Terms: Buffers; Cushioning; Question b36; Slack action; Train performance calculator
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Materials; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00053412
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: B 36/RP 22
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM