DRUG RESEARCH METHODOLOGY. VOLUME V. EXPERIMENTATION IN DRUGS AND HIGHWAY SAFETY: THE STUDY OF DRUG EFFECTS ON SKILLS RELATED TO DRIVING
The report presents the findings of a workshop on experimental research in the area of drugs and highway safety. Complementing studies of drug use in different driving populations, experimentation here refers to studies performed under controlled conditions, usually in a laboratory setting, to measure the effects of drugs on skills related to driving. A cross-disciplinary panel of experts examined methodological approaches used to assess the potential of drugs to increase the likelihood of traffic crashes (risk potential). The report summarizes discussions of specific issues in experimental drug and driving research, including the relationships between the concentration of drugs in body fluids and their effects on behavior; comparability of experimental findings among different studies; the use of alcohol as a standard reference drug in experimental research, and the proper selection of experimental subjects for drug and driving research.
- Record URL:
- Vol. 1 is HS-805 374; Vol. 2 is HS-805 299; Vol. 3. is HS-805 375; Vol. 4 is HS-805 485. See also HS-803 879 and HS-805 461.
Highway Safety Research InstituteHuron Parkway and Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48109
Washington, DC United States 20590
- JOSCELYN, K B
- Donelson, A C
- Publication Date: 1980-6
- Pagination: 69 p.
- TRT Terms: Abilities; Behavior; Concentration (Chemistry); Driver performance; Drivers; Drugs; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Fluids; Hazards; Highway safety; Highway transportation; Human factors; Performance; Personnel performance; Risk assessment; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety; Workshops
- Uncontrolled Terms: Concentration
- Old TRIS Terms: Body
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00318984
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-80-20 Final Rpt., HS-805 462
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-7-01530
- Files: HSL, NTIS, NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 19 1982 12:00AM