PERMISSIBLE LIMIT VALUES FOR THE Y AND Q FORCES AND DERAILMENT CRITERIA. PERMISSIBLE MAXIMUM VALUES FOR THE Y AND Q FORCES FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF RAIL STRESSES AS A FUNCTION OF DIFFERENT PARAMETERS
Using the calculation methods described in C 138/RP 2 and in Technical Document DT 104, the influence of the vertical and horizontal stiffness of the track, the sleeper spacing, adjacent axles and rail profile has been shown by means of isobars. The calculation results have been compared with measurements. Other parameters influencing the permissible maximum values for the Y and Q forces are mentioned.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1980-9
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle loads; Car wheels (Railroads); Force; Instrumentation; Loads; Rail (Railroads); Railhead; Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Spacing; Stresses; Wheel base; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track stiffness; Vertical loads
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; Cross tie spacing; Horizontal loading; Question c138; Rail head profile; Rail stress
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053409
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: C 138/RP 6
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 15 1981 12:00AM