IMPROVEMENT OF MATHEMATICAL MODELS FOR SIMULATION OF VEHICLE HANDLING. VOLUME 8. SUMMARY REPORT
Major objectives of the study were as follows: To develop an all digital vehicle simulation for handling and braking; To develop a human driver simulation for evaluating handling capabilities of closed loop vehicle-driver systems; and to investigate methods for describing the directional stability and control of automobiles applicable to nonlinear transient response.
- Volumes 1-7 are HS-805 362--HS-805 370.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborCollege of Engineering
Ann Arbor, MI USA 48109
Washington, DC USA 20590
- GARROTT, W R
- SCOTT, R A
- Publication Date: 1980-3-1
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Braking; Computer programming; Computer programs; Degrees of freedom; Digital computers; Digital simulation; Drivers; Evaluation; Feedback control; Handling characteristics; Improvements; Manuals; Mathematical models; Motor vehicles; Operating costs; Simulation; Stability (Mechanics)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Digital techniques; Handling
- Subject Areas: Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00318911
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., HS-805 371
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-7-01715
- Files: HSL, NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 27 1982 12:00AM