IMPROVEMENT OF MATHEMATICAL MODELS FOR SIMULATION OF VEHICLE HANDLING. VOLUME 7. TECHNICAL MANUAL FOR THE GENERAL SIMULATION
This volume is the technical manual for the general simulation. Mathematical modelling of the vehicle and of the human driver is presented in detail, as are differences between the APL simulation and the current one. Information on model validation and operating costs are also given. A comparison between two mathematical models of tire behavior is made. Extensive output for open and closed loop maneuvers is presented and analyzed.
- Record URL:
- See also Volume 6, PB80-207103, and Volume 8, PB80-207129.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborDepartment of Biostatistics
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48109
Washington, DC United States 20590
- GARROTT, W R
- SCOTT, R A
- Publication Date: 1980-3-1
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Pagination: 280 p.
- TRT Terms: Braking; Computer programming; Degrees of freedom; Digital simulation; Feedback control; Mathematical models; Motor vehicles; Stability (Mechanics)
- Subject Areas: Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00318910
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-805-370
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-7-01715
- Files: NTIS, NTL, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 27 2002 12:00AM