IMPROVEMENT OF MATHEMATICAL MODELS FOR SIMULATION OF VEHICLE HANDLING. VOLUME 1. USER'S GUIDE FOR THE FIVE DEGREE OF FREEDOM MODELS
This report is composed of seven volumes: Volume 1--User's Guide for the Five Degree of Freedom Models, which contains directions on how to operate the digital programs SLABAM and SLABIM; Volume 2--Programmers' Guide for the Five Degree of Freedom Models, which is intended to provide sufficient documentation on the SLABAM and SLABIM programs as to enable them to be alltered readily; Volume 3--Technical Mannual for the Five Degree of Freedom Models, which contains information on model validation and operating costs as well as samples and analyses of simulation output; Volume 4--Users' Guide for the General Simulation; Volume 6--Programmers' Guide for the Driver Module, which is intended to provide sufficient documentation on the DRIVER MODULE as to enable it to be altered readily if necessary; Volume 7--Technical Manual for the General Simulation, which contains mathematical modelling of the vehicle and the human driver as well as differences between the APL simulation and the current one; and Volume 8--Summary Report--which lists the major objectives of the entire study: to develop an all digital vehicle simulation for handling and braking, to develop a human driver simulation for evaluating handling capabilities of closed loop vehicle-driver systems, and to investigate methods for describing the directional stability and control of automobiles applicable to nonlinear transit response.
- Volumes 2-8 are HS-805 363--HS-805 371.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborCollege of Engineering
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48109
Washington, DC United States 20590
- MITCHELL, B
- ABRAMS, R
- SCOTT, R A
- Publication Date: 1979-5-30
- Pagination: 38 p.
- TRT Terms: Braking; Computer programming; Computer programs; Degrees of freedom; Digital computers; Digital simulation; Drivers; Evaluation; Feedback control; Handling characteristics; Improvements; Manuals; Mathematical models; Motor vehicles; Operating costs; Simulation; Stability (Mechanics)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Digital techniques; Handling
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00318905
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., HS-805 362
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-7-01715
- Files: HSL, NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 27 1982 12:00AM