CALCULATION OF INTERFERENCE WITH TRACK CIRCUITS DUE TO ELECTRIC TRACTION. THE USE OF THYRISTORS ON THE RAILWAYS
This technical document gives the development of a calculation method, which permits the calculation of the interference with track circuits and train regulation installations due to electric traction. The calculation is based on a numerical method using digital computers, which make it possible to solve an inhomogeneous system of differential equations with variable coefficients and arbitrary boundary conditions. Concrete calculations are made for various track circuits. On the one hand the calculations confirm the general applicability of the method worked out and, on the other hand, the possibility of determining the effect of various parameters. The mathematical method for calculating the interference to be expected with a track circuit can be applied to any track circuit with arbitrary input parameters and boundary conditions.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material. Prepared by the ORE Specialists Committee A 122.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1979-6
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 58 p.
- TRT Terms: Cab signals; Electric locomotives; Electric trains; Insulation systems; Interference; Joints (Engineering); Mathematical models; Signaling; Thyristors; Track circuits
- Candidate Terms: Electric traction
- Uncontrolled Terms: Insulated joints
- Old TRIS Terms: Question dt91(A122)
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00053403
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DT 91 (A 122)
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1981 12:00AM